INFORMATION WE COLLECT
MyNickelsburg.com's goals in collecting information are to provide you with a customized experience and a high level of technical support.
Personally Identifiable Information
* Some personal information is gathered when you register. Depending on your account type, MyNickelsburg.com may ask for your name, e-mail address, birthdate and/or additional information. We may also ask you to choose a username and password.
* In addition to the information we collect when you register, we may ask you for personal information at other times, such as when you contact our technical support team.
* Furthermore, when you send e-mail, user surveys, or other communication to MyNickelsburg.com, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
* Our definition of non-personal information is any information that does not personally identify you.
* Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous.
* Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about your connection to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Information you submit to us is generally used to carry out your requests, process orders, respond to your inquiries, better serve you or in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information. When you are on MyNickelsburg.com and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with MyNickelsburg.com, unless it is specifically stated otherwise.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION COLLECTED
MyNickelsburg.com will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information to third parties except when we have your permission or under specific circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. The following describes some of the circumstances under which your information may be disclosed.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If MyNickelsburg.com becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, your personal information may be transferred to the purchaser. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the personally identifiable information and non-personal information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity, provided the successor entity is subject to the same commitments for the previously collected student information. No personal information will be transferred in the event of a merger or sale unless the recipient has committed to the Student Privacy Pledge principles.
MyNickelsburg.com may disclose information collected from users associated with an educational institution with other users designated by the educational institution, such as teachers and school administrators of that institution.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you arrive at MyNickelsburg.com, we do not know your name, where you live, or anything about you, nor do we have the necessary information to figure that out. We do use Google Analytics to study the visitation and usage behavior of our sites. This allows us to research which pages are frequented and how long people stay on the site. It also lets us know what city, state, and country people are coming from. But, none of this information is individualized to allow for further investigation that is not anonymous.
HOW WE PROTECT CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
MyNickelsburg.com accounts are created by parents and educational institutions. MyNickelsburg.com does not permit children under the age of 13 to create an account and does not knowingly collect personally identifying information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or educational institution. MyNickelsburg.com will not ask children under age 13 for more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity. If you are a Parent, you may provide consent for your child’s registration by first registering yourself on Multiplication.com. Once registered, you will receive an email requesting your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information about your child. After providing your consent, you can create a restricted account for your child, monitor the data on your child’s account, or revoke a child’s permission to use Multiplication.com by deleting the account. Alternatively, your child can be registered to use MyNickelsburg.com through his or her school. The school’s ability to consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information is limited to the educational context where an operator, such as Multiplication.com, collects personal information from students for the use and benefit of the school, and no other commercial purpose. MyNickelsburg.com does not collect information in any manner in which children or users could be identified. In the event of a contest, a parent must submit a form before the first name of a child will be shown on the site.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES
MyNickelsburg.com is operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United States. By using MyNickelsburg.com, you consent to the collection, transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.